Paramo Halcon Waistcoat
The Halcon Waistcoat can be worn over a baselayer or outer layer for comfortable load-carrying for all outdoor activities.
The Parameta® A Cotton+ fabric is rugged but quick drying, quiet and lightweight.
The 14 pockets/ compartments allow a range of equipment to be organised, transported and easily accessible – ideal for wildlife watchers, photographers, fieldworkers and overseas travellers.
Parameta A Cotton+
What it does:
All Parameta® A fabrics are Directional fabrics that wick very effectively, rapidly spreading perspiration over a large area to provide maximum evaporation in order to keep you cool at higher temperatures. They also block out virtually all damaging UV rays, making garments that are ideal for travel and warm weather activities.
• Lightweight and comfortable – you hardly know you’re wearing it.
• Exceptional UV protection
• Wind resistant
• Insect resistant because of dense weave
• Antibacterial finish for freshness
• Maximum evaporation and cooling through spread of perspiration over a large area
• Rapid drying – eliminating cold spots after exercise by reducing ‘pooling’ of perspiration
• Ideal when travelling – minimal weight to wear and carry and quick and easy to wash and dry on the move
• Engineered to distribute the weight of equipment carried across the whole shoulder area to minimise any neck discomfort.
• Cushioning on shoulders for comfort and protection from straps.
• High collar with fleecy lining.
• Two-way front zip with chin guard gives easy access to inner layers.
• Poppered side slits for fit adjustment to enable easy sitting or striding.
• Generous arm holes so the waistcoat can be worn over a wide range of garments.
• Waist drawcord for optimum fit when load-carrying. Drawcord adjusters secured in pockets.
• Two zipped map-sized pockets at chest height, mesh-lined to reduce temperature gain.
• Two bellows pockets on chest with internal secure compartments for pen or pencil and glasses or sunglasses.
• Two generous poppered pockets poppers, tabbed for fast access.
• Two handwarming pockets at hip level
• Two internal mesh pockets on chest for safe storage of valuables.
• Two internal hip level drop pockets, open-topped with light elastication to help retain heavy loads.
• Constructed from Parameta A® Cotton+ fabric for robustness and quietness combined with rapid drying, wind resistance and low weight.
• Average weight 422g
Páramo is the first Outdoor company to sign up to Greenpeace Detox commitment
Páramo leads the Outdoor Industry with our commitment to exclude hazardous and persistent pollutants from textile production. On 25th January 2016 at the ISPO trade show in Munich, Páramo publicly announced an important commitment to our customers and the planet.
As part of the Greenpeace Detox programme, this commitment lays out the basis for excluding hazardous chemicals from production of all Páramo Outdoor products.